Port of Btcsuite alternative bitcoin node implementation written in Go to Peercoin. Needs funding (v0.5), thank you for your support.
Support is needed to help implement v0.5 protocol changes in ppcd (15000 PPC)
Port some of the btcd packages to use Peercoin instead of Bitcoin.
- Will facilitate Peercoin integration into the Open Transactions (OT) project (main goal).
- Will allow Counterparty financial platform to be easily ported to Peercoin.
- Will also facilitate Peercoin integration in exchanges or payment processors.
Related forum thread: http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=3145
Project phases (draft)
- Having ppcd running ok (mining optional) (being tested) (9000 PPC needed)
- Having ppcwallet running ok (being tested) (7000 PPC needed)
- Add minting to ppcwallet (being tested) (5000 PPC needed)
Advantages of Go language over C/C++
- Integrated test infrastructure
- Platform independent code
- Simpler parallelism and excellent support for concurrency
- No active memory management which leads to eliminating an entire class of the most common security vulnerabilities like buffer overflows
- Built-in profiling and documentation facilities
- Significantly faster compilation times
- Standard formatting